It has been scientifically proven that Human Growth Hormone has very key functions in the body and helps with the following:
• It enhances one’s energy levels
• It breaks down fat and regulates body fat. With HGH around, the body responds to insulin. The fat cells are induced to break down their existing stores and one gets significant fat loss.
• It makes glucose more readily available for all cells of the body.
• It stimulates the growth cartilage and connective tissues. It assists with tissue repair.
• It builds new proteins. It increases muscle mass. It helps to rebuild damaged organs such as the liver, the heart, the kidneys, the thymus (key to the immune system), etc. It helps to restore them to their original state and become fully functional.
• It promotes the integrity of hair, nails, skin and all vital organs. It helps to make new skin (takes away wrinkles).
• It stimulates growth and strength of bones. Bones are made up of a matrix of protein which is strengthened by Calcium and Phosphorus. Growth hormone can direct the building of the protein matrix to increase the bone strength and bone density.
Human Growth Hormone directs where essential nutrients need to go to repair and regenerate cellular structures. It promotes healing and renewal of ageing cells. Reports have shown increase in size of liver by 20%.
With age, the levels of growth hormone steadily decline. With it’s lower levels, it is only used to maintain the immune system and repair damaged cells.
With not enough Human Growth Hormone present, it cannot do the other vital functions listed above.
However, one can assist the body to make it’s own growth hormone by providing the exact nutrients of Amino Acids and vitamins and minerals so the body can make the same levels as a 25 year old body normally makes.
This is when the aging process can be reversed!
For years, it was believed that the pituitary gland, which produces growth hormone, dries up as a natural effect of aging. Science however, discovered that due to aging the pituitary gland slows down the release of growth hormone. This occurs at around the age of 50 years or so.
So the reason for ageing is that the hormones decrease in levels as we age.
Human Growth Hormone directs where amino acids, vitamins, minerals and oils should go for repairing and building the body. By repairing the organs such as liver, kidneys, adrenal glands, etc. it enables the body to produce and regulate hormones at the needed levels and helps re-balance the body.
Any damaged organs will not function optimally when the hormone levels are not adequate enough to instruct the body to do a proper repair and rebuild.
As an interesting side note, certain combinations of amino acids can spur on the pituitary gland to release growth hormone.
Clinical Studies of Human Growth Hormone
Claims for Human Growth Hormone as an anti-ageing treatment date back to 1990 when the “New England Journal of Medicine” published a study
wherein growth hormone was used to treat 12 men over 60.
At the conclusion of the study, ALL the men showed statistically significant increases in lean body mass and bone mineral density, while the control group did not.
The authors of the study noted that these improvements were the opposite of the changes that would normally occur over a 10 to 20 year ageing period.
A “Stanford University School of Medicine” meta-analysis of clinical studies on the subject published in early 2007 showed that the application of HGH on healthy elderly patients increased muscle by about 2kg and decreased body fat by the same amount.
Researchers also did not discover any gain in muscle strength, which led them to believe that HGH merely let the body store more water in the muscles rather than increase muscle growth. This would explain the increase in lean body mass.
Human Growth Hormone Supplementation
Knowing some of the facts about human growth hormone and how beneficial and important it is for the body, can help one make better decisions on supplementation.
Natural growth hormone supplementation must be used with a proper diet providing all nutrients - especially adequate levels of amino acids from proteins - so orderly building and repair can be achieved.
It's important to know that the body does not become dependent on natural supplements.